Saturday, January 21, 2017

READER MAIL


Hello,

My name is Jake.  I live in Austin Tx. I'm a fan of your reviews. I was wondering what kind of products you have used to treat your Bronco champ? And how much did it affect the color? 

My first pair of role club boots are set to finish at the end of the month. I will be looking to your blog for guidelines on breaking them in and caring for such a awesome investment. 

If you have the time to respond I look forward to hearing from you



Hi Jake,

Thanks so much for the e-mail and congrats on both the Bronco Champ and Role Clubs!

I've owned the Champ now for just under a year and I feel the occasional wear during this period doesn't warrant any type of cleaning or conditioning just yet. When that time comes around; however, I'll be reaching for my tried and tested favorite, Pecard Antique Leather Dressing.

It isn't necessary to apply leather dressing for quite some time after purchase unless the jacket has been subjected to prolonged exposure to dry, hot climates. Products and ingredients used during the tanning process are enough to keep the jacket safe for a very long time.

I've tested out countless other brands in the past that claimed to be better than the next, but I've learned that all cleaning products available on the market today have the fundamental ingredients necessary to preserve and protect leather. And I found Pecard's Antique Leather Dressing to be the best choice for protecting my investments -- It far exceeds my expectations, priced just right and readily available without the hype of fancy packaging or exaggerated promises.

When applied, Pecard will give the non-black leather a more rich color, but will eventually lighten from exposure to the sun. 

I hope this helps and I would love to see photos of your jacket and new boots.

Cheers!
John

No comments:

Post a Comment